When Results Matter, I Will Protect Your Rights

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Child Custody

Resolving Child Custody Disputes On An Individual Basis

Custody-related matters are never easy to navigate on your own. I am Juan Ramos, founder of Juan Ramos Law Group, PLLC. I have helped countless families throughout Texas who need assistance moving forward. I am known for being approachable yet professional, and I aim to find a solution that takes everyone’s needs into consideration. That being said, I will always prioritize the best interests of my client and the best interests of their children above all else.

Without An Attorney, It’s Easy To Make Silly Mistakes

Since we are so close to the border, I have experience helping many Hispanic clients. Many of them are shocked to find out that they can’t just set up a legally binding custody agreement through a notary public like they would in Mexico. The United States has stricter laws in place and notaries do not have that power. Having a skilled lawyer handle this matter is crucial. Judges hold a lot of power in Texas, so it is imperative that you have an advocate by your side who can clearly express your concerns. As an experienced family lawyer, I am communicative, strategic and reliable. I will always answer your questions and be available to discuss concerns.

What Does Custody Look Like?

Child custody arrangements look different for every family. Nonmarried parents have to follow a process called the “Suit Affecting Parent-Child Relationship,” which essentially analyzes the relationship between everyone involved. Married couples who are separating often have a custody schedule as part of the terms of their divorce. From permanent custody and visitation schedules to joint custody, a judge will look at their educational needs, the relationship between each child and parent and the economic conditions of each household when making a decision. Understandably, this can be quite overwhelming. I can help you through this process.

Don’t Wait To Get Your Questions Answered; Call Today

Having an attorney in your corner is the best way to make your voice heard. As soon as you have questions, you should seek legal counsel. To schedule a consultation, call my office in McAllen at 956-468-2435 or fill out my contact form online. My team and I are bilingual and can speak both Spanish and English. We assist clients in both Hidalgo County and Rio Grande Valley.

Share This