When Results Matter, I Will Protect Your Rights

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Child Support

Child Support: What You Need To Know

As parents, we don’t just have a physical obligation to support our kids. They also need us financially. Determining what that may look like is best done with an attorney. I am Juan Ramos, founder of Juan Ramos Law Group, PLLC. I have worked with clients throughout Texas who need experienced guidance in these complex matters. Oftentimes, decisions surrounding our children can be emotional. I provide logical, compassionate service to those who need it most.

Each Family Has Different Financial Concerns

One thing I pride myself on is being approachable. Clients feel comfortable talking about difficult topics with me. I truly build a sense of trust and want to get a deeper understanding of the issues at hand. When it comes to a dissolution of marriage, having a lawyer with these qualities is crucial. I can openly and honestly discuss child support and what that may look like for both parents. The biggest factor in these cases revolves around your current custody agreement. Once it is decided upon, however, it will be enforced by the court.

When a child lives primarily with one parent, how much the other parent owes is based on their income. They are required to pay 20% of their net income for one child and 25% of their net income for two children. It then increases by 5% for each additional child until it reaches 40% of their net income. This changes, of course, if the child spends more or less time with both parents. They then may look at the income of both parties and decide what is in the best interest of the child. Since no two cases are the same, having someone who understands the law is crucial. That is where I can step in and guide you in the right direction.

For Tailored Answers, Call My Office Today

Whether you are creating a child support arrangement for the first time or need to make necessary modifications, a skilled family lawyer can help. I will be with you through every step of this process. I will answer your questions and find a solution that works best for everyone involved. To schedule a consultation, call my office in McAllen at 956-468-2435 today. You can also fill out my contact form online. My team and I are bilingual, and we speak both English and Spanish. We assist clients in Hidalgo County and Rio Grande Valley.

Share This