When Results Matter, I Will Protect Your Rights

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Divorce

Helping Clients Start A New Chapter

When a marriage ends, there are numerous decisions that must be made. Having someone who will protect your best interests is imperative. I am Juan Ramos, founder of Juan Ramos Law Group, PLLC. I have worked with clients throughout Texas who need help moving forward. I am professional yet reliable, honest yet compassionate. I truly want to understand your concerns and goals so we can create a tailored solution that will work for you.

How Long Does The Divorce Process Take?

I have handled the most complex divorce cases. On the other hand, I have also taken on cases where both parties agreed that it was time for the dissolution of marriage. When a case is uncontested and there is no major property to distribute, things can happen fairly quickly. Texas requires a 60-day waiting period when it comes to divorce. In these situations, however, on the 61st day, a judge can finalize your divorce. This means you both have agreed to the terms and will go on your separate ways.

For more complicated cases, it can take up to a year for it to be finalized. This is because we must divide property, agree on a custody schedule and address child support concerns. Since there is no form of alternative dispute resolution in our state, everything must go to court. It is important to know that judges have a tremendous amount of power when making decisions regarding your case, so having a lawyer who will clearly fight for you is crucial. I will not only explain your initial options, but I will also work tirelessly once we go to court.

Call Now; I Am Here To Help

Unfortunately, many people in the area don’t know they need an attorney for family-related matters. In Mexico, a notary public is utilized. In the United States, we do not have that option. My team is bilingual, and we speak both English and Spanish. I can guide you through this process and make sure you do things correctly. To schedule a consultation, call my office in McAllen at 956-468-2435 or fill out my contact form online. I assist clients in Hidalgo County and Rio Grande Valley.

Share This